We can reduce the appearance of wrinkles in 2 main ways. We either relax the muscles that cause wrinkling of the skin, using Botulinum Toxin (Allergan, Bocouture) or we plump out the skin and underlying tissues using Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers (OVERAGE) or using both.
At consultation we can discuss with you which treatments may be suitable for you.
What are Dermal fillers and how do they work?
Dermal fillers are cosmetic injectable substances used for injection into the dermis, the living tissue below the surface of the skin. They are used mainly to improve volume under the skin, which can help to plump out wrinkles or hollows in the lower face caused by the ageing process or loss of facial fat. The results with this procedure are instant. They are frequently used in conjunction with BOTOX as part of a holistic anti wrinkle solution.
There are different types of fillers options available.
At bnatural Medical we use Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers,such as OVERAGE which is a natural substance found in your body. It is effective for plumping thin lips and filling facial creases between the nose and mouth (Nasolabial folds) and the jowl area (marionette lines). Hyaluronic acid may also be effective for some surface wrinkles and concave scars, under the eyes and in the forehead region and elsewhere.
Common hyaluronic acid products include Juvederm® and Restylane® and Overage with results from these injectables lasting six months or longer depending on both the individual patient location of injection. and particular product used.
How do I prepare for a cosmetic dermal filler procedure?
Preparation for your cosmetic dermal filler procedure at bnatural Medical will include
- Discussing why you want the procedure, your expectations and desired outcome
- Review of your medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Review of your current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Discussing any past treatment with injectable fillers, facial shaping or Botox® therapy, or other facial rejuvenation procedures.
- Discuss options available to you for facial rejuvenation
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of injectable fillers and any risks or potential complications.
The filler is injected with a fine needle into strategic points on your face in combination with topical or local anesthesia.
The injection sites are cleansed with an antibacterial agent, followed by a topical numbing agent to make more sensitive patients comfortable. The filler itself may contain an anesthetic agent, or you may receive a local anesthetic.
Multiple injections are often needed to fill wrinkles or recessed scars. Enhancing your lips with fillers also requires multiple injections to distribute the filler for enhanced lip fullness and to raise or define a cupid’s bow or vermillion border.
Cosmetic injectable dermal fillers are often used to:
- Address nasolabial folds (facial creases between the nose and mouth)
- Improve marionette lines (lines or wrinkles that extend from the outer corners of the mouth down toward the chin)
- Correct “lipstick lines” around the mouth
- Restore fuller cheeks
- Create fullness in the lips
- Improve forehead frown lines, when used in conjunction with Botox®.
Injectable dermal fillers offer immediate results. Effect will typically last between 10-18 months depending upon the individual patient and type of filler used. With repeat treatments, the effect will generally last longer.
What are the side effects of Dermal filler?
- Mild swelling or bruising
- Temporary numbness or redness
- Temporary irregularity to touch in the soft tissue or skin.
- Skin rash, itching, tenderness and swelling
- Skin redness
- Skin sensitivity
- Under or over correction of wrinkles.
Landmark Towers, Lagos
5b Water Corporation Road, Oniru, Victoria
GRA Ikeja, Lagos
11 Oduduwa Way, GRA,
Victoria Island, Lagos
14 Abagbon close, off Ologun Agbaje Street, Adeola Odeku, VI
20 Mediteranean St, Imani Estate, Maitama