Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal uses specially designed laser technology to permanently remove unwanted hair. The laser emits a gentle beam of light over the area where you want the hair removed. The light destroys the hair follicle, preventing any future hair growth. Only the hair follicles will absorb the light, leaving the surrounding skin unharmed and undamaged. Once a hair follicle is destroyed, it cannot regenerate or produce new hair … ever! That’s why laser hair removal is a PERMANENT solution to the problem of unwanted hair.
WHAT TO CONSIDER
Your skin contains hundreds of thousands of hair follicles, so permanently removing hair often requires multiple sessions of laser treatment. Each session will last between five minutes to one hour, depending on the size of the area being treated and the thickness of your hair.
Despite what you may have heard, the pain associated with laser hair removal is quite minimal. Many people do not feel the treatments at all. If you do experience a sensation, it will feel similar to a rubber band lightly popping against your skin. Our rule of thumb is, if it hurts, tell us! We can readjust our machine to make the experience as pleasant as possible for you.
HOW TO PREPARE
For the best laser hair removal results, you should:
- Shave the area to be treated the day before or the day of treatment
- Avoid tanning and self-tanners four weeks before and two weeks after your treatments
- Avoid bleaching, waxing or tweezing the area at least 4 weeks before the treatments.
What Do I need to do After My Treatment?:
After you leave the clinic, if there are any problems in the next 24 hours, please contact the clinic immediately especially if pain or burning sensation at level 4 or more and is not improving OR if a burn or a blister formation has occurred.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning on treated area for 3 days to prevent complications.
- Use Sunscreen – Sunscreen SPF 30 or higher is highly recommended.
- To wash, use tepid water and mild soap. Do not use hot water on freshly treated areas until pinkness has subsided.
- Please note the important risks of this procedure – Scarring & Discoloration that can be permanent
Laser Removal of Tattoos and Pigmented Lesions (Q-Switched Lasers)
Q-switched lasers provide high levels of energy over very brief periods of time allowing for the reduction of many types of unwanted pigmented lesions or tattoos. During treatment, Q-switched lasers are used specifically to target and microscopically “shatter” the pigment of the tattoo ink or lesion, dispersing it in the skin to be carried away by the body’s white blood cells.
Such therapy requires a series of treatments for some types of pigmented lesions and for nearly all tattoos. The number of treatments required to achieve maximal benefits varies widely from patient to patient.